Greek Meatball Pita
These homemade meatballs paired with our sweet tasting Grand Rapids/Ruby Red mix will be a big win for your next lunch!
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Grated Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic - minced
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese - crumbled
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Parsley - chopped
- 4 Whole Wheat Pita
- 4 tbsp PC Blue Menu Tzatziki Sauce
- 6 Cherry Tomoatoes - diced
- 1/4 Cup Red Onions - diced
- 2 Cups Vertical Roots Grand Rapids/Ruby Red Mix
- Heat Oven to 375 Degrees.
- Combine the lean ground beef, onion, garlic, spices, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Roll the meat mixture into small balls and place them on a sheet pan. Parchment Paper is ideal for easy clean-up and to ensure no sticking.
- Place meatballs in oven for 15-20 min or until brown and done. For even browning, roll them over half way through if desired.
- While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the veggies for the inside of the pita.
- Heat the 4 Pita Bread for 30 seconds in the microwave for easy rolling. Spread Tzatziki on the bottom of each pita.
- Layer veggies in order of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion.
- When meatballs are completed, place 4 in the centre of the pita and veggies, add extra Tzatziki on top if you wish.
- Bring both sides up and tuck the bottom in and ENJOY! (this can be a bit messy, but so worth the flavors.)