Sausage and Kale Soup
A spicy, Italian soup, perfect for a winter day starring KALE!
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 8 Italian Sausages You can take out of casing OR purchase ready to use. Regular or Hot depending on your taste.
- 1 Chopping Onion
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 tsp Tyme
- 2 tsp Parsley
- 2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Chopped Carrots
- 2 Chopped Celery Stalks
- 2 Cubes Organic Chicken Stock
- 2 Cubes Organic Vegetable Stock
- 8 Cups Water
- 1 Can White Cannellini Beans
- 8 Cups Vertical Roots Kale Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan freshly grated
- Remove meat from casing if using sausages.
- Heat olive oil in pan, add sausage, onions and garlic
- Add carrots and celery, continue to cook and break down sausage into smaller pieces, depending on your liking, cook through until pink is removed.
- Add spices and herbs, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add in stock cubes and 8 cups of water, and bring to a boil
- Turn head low heat and simmer for 45 min-1 hour until the stock cooks down, allowing the flavours to blend.
- Add in beans and kale and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve in large soup bowl, sprinkle fresh grated parm on top.