Ruby Red Avocado Toast
Easy Healthy Brunch! We fell in love with avocado toast when we were in Australia a few years back. This is our version with a twist of fresh ruby red greens.
- Slotted Spoon
- 4 Cups Boiling Water
- 2 Eggs
- 2 TBSP White Vinegar
- 2 Leaves Vertical Roots Ruby Red Lettuce
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 2 Slices Multi-Grain Rye or Sourdough Bread
- 1/2 tsp Butter
- Place a small pot of water with vinegar on the stove and bring to a boil then turn down to simmer.
- Crack an egg into a small ramekin and slowly add to boiling water, 1 at a time. You can add both eggs to the one pot and do not swirl. The yolk will drop and the whites will follow. Cook for 3-4 min for a slightly runny egg, longer if you wish to have a harder yolk.
- While eggs are cooking place bread in the toaster.
- Cut the avocado in half and core the seed out. Set aside one half for another time.
- Butter the toast lightly
- Mash each half of the half of the avocado onto each slice of toast, lightly salt the avocado.
- Place lettuce on top of the avocado.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, ensure all extra water has dripped off, and carefully place each egg in the middle of the lettuce, on each slice of toast.
- Salt and Pepper the tops once again, to taste.